MÖIRA PRESS KIT
By Onagro Studios on December 19, 2015
Welcome to Möira’s Press page! Here you should find any information you might need when writing or posting about Möira. In case you need additional information let us know via email or social networks and we’ll make it available.
- Developer: Onagro Studios; Based in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil.
- Release Date: TBA (2017)
- Platform Pages: Steam Greenlight
- Website: moiragame.com
- Availability: Web, DRM-Free Demo Download (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- File Size: ~100mb Executable
- Press Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social: Facebook Twitter Tumblr YouTube itch.io TIG Source
Möira is an action platformer that draws inspiration from the classic 8-bit portable games with a modern twist, memorable characters, lots of spells and awesome secrets! You play as Rubick, an young magician apprentice who’s searching for his missing master. In order to accomplish that, Rubick must travel through the Magic Kingdoms mimicking enemies’ powers and learning how to combine them using the staff his old master left to him. However, Rubick’s adventure won’t be easy since he’s going to fight against foes so powerful that are capable of distorting the limitations and break the rules of the land of Möira itself.
- Amazing 8-bit pixel art style!
- Lots of retro color palettes to choose.
- A ton of possibilities combining spells.
- An epic story.
- Funny non-cliché dialogues!
- A mix of old-school style gameplay with a convenient touch of modernity focused on fun.
- Easy to pick and play, hard to master.
- Amazing chiptune soundtrack inspired by not only retro, but also modern games.
- Gamepad support!
- Similar gameplay to famous platformers like Kirby, Mega Man, Duck Tales, Wonder Boy and more!
Onagro Studios is a brazilian independent studio started in 2013 by Gabriel Amoedo. Our team members are passionate game lovers who are dedicated to bring to life new games with retro aesthetics and a modern approach at the same time. Möira is the first project we are working on as a team. It had a Kickstarter campaign in 2014, with a different and smaller team, but it didn’t reach the goal. This new team started working on Möira on March 2015, and the game has been completely remade since.
Everyone in our team wears more than one hat in the development of the game, however, this list represents the member's primary responsibilities:
- Gabriel Amoedo @piuzera_: Game Design and Story
- Victor F. Leão @pxloto: Art, Game Design, Level Design
- Luiz Henrique Gama @luizhgama: Programming, Game Design, Level Design
- Thommaz Kauffmann @thommaz: Music and Sfx
- Luiz Roveran @LuizRoveran: Music and Sfx
The members of Onagro Studios were involved in many different projects in the past, such as:
- Tokyo 1923
- Robotto Western
- Ultra Type-R
- Golaço (Ultimate Football Manager) on Facebook
- Imagine: Wedding Designer (PC Prototype)
- Football Tigers
- Deer Hunter 2005
- Deer Hunter 2004